Problem with action list on pdf with barcode and White square

mjtenhoonte

Problem with action list on pdf with barcode and White square

Post by mjtenhoonte »

I have three pdf files where the customer put a spotcolor White behind a Barcode.
I have an action list that takes this spot color and places it on top of the barcode with overprint on.
it works on one, but not on the other 2.
In illustrator it seems to have done its job but even though overprint is on. it is actually not working. no barcode is printed.

I have the files and action list here if anybody would like to check this.
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: Problem with action list on pdf with barcode and White square

Post by freddyp »

Please share the files, but clarify the problem a bit more. Is this for a label that is printed on the back of a clear substrate? And what do you mean with "no barcode is printed"? Did you send the file to a digital press and it came out wrong? Or did you make flexo plates and print it just to see the barcode is missing (I hope this is not the case :D )? ... Can you already see in Acrobat that it is wrong?
mjtenhoonte

Post by mjtenhoonte »

I tried to submit the files but there issues with size:)
How can i Supply the files?

The action list checks, in a switch workflow IF there is white and a dieline which we then remove afterwards we check if there are more than 10_000 nodes, if so it rasterizes the image (i think the problem lies here), than pastes the die and white back in overprint.
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

For large files you should put them somewhere in the cloud (OneDrive, GoogleDrive, Dropbox, ...) and share the link.
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

The problem is the fact that the white background is in an isolated form. If you bring an isolated group from the back to the front of the document you are in trouble.

If the above does not make sense, have a look at this PitStop workshop (https://learning.enfocus.com/course/view.php?id=438 starting at approx. 22 mins 30 seconds into the recording up until approx. 30 mins) where I (try to) explain how forms and their settings work.

Attached is a modified action list that changes the transparency settings of the form of which the white background is a part and that solves your problem.
spotcolors cmyk nodes tellen rasterize.eal.zip
(3.27 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
mjtenhoonte

Post by mjtenhoonte »

Thank you very much.
I have tested it and will implement it in the workflows.