Problem with Select Transparent Objects

RunDontStop

Problem with Select Transparent Objects

Post by RunDontStop »

I cannot seem to get this to work. When I select transparent objects, nothing is ever selected. See the screen shot. I submit a PDF with transparent objects throughout. But nothing is deleted. I must be overlooking something obvious.
delete transparent objects.png
delete transparent objects.png (85.84 KiB) Viewed 5500 times
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: Problem with Select Transparent Objects

Post by freddyp »

I am not aware of any problems with this Action. I have just tried it on a file and it logs all objects with transparencies.

Change "Remove selection" by "Log selection". If it logs objects, then the file probably has security settings that prevent it from being edited. Check that in File -> Properties.
RunDontStop

Re: Problem with Select Transparent Objects

Post by RunDontStop »

Thank you. This is so bizarre. No security settings at all. I added the log selection as you suggested. It logs many objects. But, when I try to remove the objects, nothing happens.
I tried something else. I added NOT after select transparent objects. The result would be removing anything that is not transparent. And it removed everything! I am left with an empty page. But, the page input was full of transparent objects.
I should say, I am using Switch with the PitStop Server configurator to run the action list, in case that makes a difference.
Thank you for your help Freddy and I will keep trying to figure this out.