Adjust Trim Box

Mark Casey

Adjust Trim Box

Post by Mark Casey »

Hello

Is is possible with Preflight/Action lists to adjust the Trim box of a PDF

I'm receiving PDFs with trim Boxes like 314.33 x 190.5 and I wish to Round Up/Down the trim box size to a full number 314 x 191

Not all files are this size, most are different so the actual size is not important its just how can I RoundUp/Down the dimensions in a Action List

Any help would be appreciated :D
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: Adjust Trim Box

Post by freddyp »

Create two variables with the desired values and use them in an Action List. There is a Calculator app in the Enfocus Appstore that can do the rounding part (if you have the Scripting Module you can also do this with a script expression).

A few more words about the approach in the Action List. The "Change trim box" allows you to set a new size for the trim box, but it will align on the 0,0 point, unless you use 4 values where you compensate half of the difference between the current size ([Stats.TrimBoxWidth], etc.) and the desired size.

With just the 2 correct size values you can do this:
Add object - Rectangle with a variable width and height and the center relative to the center of the trim box
Select last added objects
Change trim box - Resize page box to fit the selection
Remove selection (to remove the rectangle that was added to get the position right)