EasyDataTransform (CSV to HTML table)

magnussandstrom
Advanced member

EasyDataTransform (CSV to HTML table)

Post by magnussandstrom »

Hi, can anyone (Jimmy maybe) help me how to setup EasyDataTransform CLI (convert CSV to HTML table) in Switch? I have downloaded the trial version of EasyDataTransform, but struggle with the ExecuteCommand variables in Switch.
JimmyHartington
Advanced member

Re: EasyDataTransform (CSV to HTML table)

Post by JimmyHartington »

Hi Magnus

I did struggle a bit with this myself.
And there is probably a better way, so if you find it please share.

But here is what I do.
I use the "Run Command" app which uses EasyDataTransform. The output is then placed in another folder.
"Inject job" is then used to replace the input with the output.
I did not succeed with getting the output from EasyDataTransform as output in Switch directly.

Example
HTML of flow: https://d.pr/f/On8oFC+

By the way. I use EasyDataTransform a lot as a standalone app on my Mac as well.
For converting addresses for shipping systems, transform customers order Excels to our own internal lists and analyse custom log-files from Switch to give a pivot table of items processed for certain customers. It is a very powerfull tool.
JimmyHartington
Advanced member

EasyDataTransform can have more than one file as output. It depends on how the transform is setup.
Maybe that is why it is difficult to get the output file(s) directly from the "Run Command" app?
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Great Jimmy, I got 'your setup' to work for me too, thanks! Yes it seems like a very powerful tool indeed!
JimmyHartington
Advanced member

Good.

Please let me know if you find a better way to integrate it into Switch.
Padawan
Advanced member

Post by Padawan »

I don't have the tool, so I can't test to be sure, but the following should also work and avoid the need for the inject job.

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\EasyDataTransform_1_35_0\EasyDataTransform_1_35_0.exe" "D:\EasyDataTransform\graphware-efterkalkulation.transform" -file "input=%%InputFilePath%%" -file "output=	"C:\Program Files\EasyDataTransform_1_35_0\EasyDataTransform_1_35_0.exe" "D:\EasyDataTransform\graphware-efterkalkulation.transform" -file "input=%%InputFilePath%%" -file "output=	"C:\Program Files\EasyDataTransform_1_35_0\EasyDataTransform_1_35_0.exe" "D:\EasyDataTransform\graphware-efterkalkulation.transform" -file "input=%%InputFilePath%%" -file "output=%%OutputPath%%\[Job.UniqueNamePrefix].xlsx" -cli
Depending on the inner working of the tool this may work to

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\EasyDataTransform_1_35_0\EasyDataTransform_1_35_0.exe" "D:\EasyDataTransform\graphware-efterkalkulation.transform" -file "input=%%InputFilePath%%" -file "output=	"C:\Program Files\EasyDataTransform_1_35_0\EasyDataTransform_1_35_0.exe" "D:\EasyDataTransform\graphware-efterkalkulation.transform" -file "input=%%InputFilePath%%" -file "output=	"C:\Program Files\EasyDataTransform_1_35_0\EasyDataTransform_1_35_0.exe" "D:\EasyDataTransform\graphware-efterkalkulation.transform" -file "input=%%InputFilePath%%" -file "output=[Job.UniqueNamePrefix].xlsx" -cli
JimmyHartington
Advanced member

I can confirm both examples work in my setup.
So I do not need the inject job.

Thanks.
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Thanks alot Padawan!