Folders Apps v4

freddyp
Advanced member

Folders Apps v4

Post by freddyp »

There is a new version of the Folder Apps. All known bugs have been fixed and all known feature requests implemented. Below is a list of the changes. As for v3 we would like to ask some of you to test the new version before we make it public. We are expecting at least the people that had feature requests to come forward :D. Send a mail to mailto:solutionarchitects@enfocus.com.

Filetypes Counter:
  • there is now a choice of the dataset model, JSON or XML
File Pool Cleanup:
  • allow a custom time for starting the scanning
  • allow the use of an inline text for the path to the file pool
  • allow deleting the files in situ instead of injecting them into the flow and when injecting them into the flow there is an option to limit the combined size of the files to be injected to avoid the application data root disk from filling up for very large file pools.
Delete files:
  • when all files were deleted from a folder, the files were not deleted, and the job was sent to the error connection. There is now an option to allow this.
  • Empty folders were not correctly removed when there were multiple levels of empty folders. This is now done recursively.
Hot Folder Monitor:
  • it is now possible to use an inline text for the path to the hot folder to be monitored
  • the error handling has been improved. When the hot folder does not exist, the element will not just log a message, but it will go into a fail state so an error notification can be sent (if so configured in the Preferences)
Submit Filespec:
  • allow the use of an inline text for the path to the root folder
  • you can now specify that the original files have to be left in their original location, with an additional property to ignore updates or not, just as in Submit hierarchy
tdeschampsBluewest

Re: Folders Apps v4

Post by tdeschampsBluewest »

Thanks a lot Freddy! I'm impatient to test this new version!
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Post by magnussandstrom »

Great, I'm looking forward to test v4.
blingen

Post by blingen »

Sounds great!

Does this happen to include a fix for the mail body issue discovered here? (apologies if I've missed that patch but I don't see a note for it anywhere)
germen@grafistore.nl

Post by germen@grafistore.nl »

Hi, and is version4 already published? Still having some issues with version 3.
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

Yes, v4 has been around for a bit over a month now. I should have posted something here :oops: