Quite Imposing/Hot and Set trim box by marks

mclarke

Quite Imposing/Hot and Set trim box by marks

Post by mclarke »

I have a flow I have been trying to set up and have run into an issue. I can't get the action "Use trim marks to set page box" to recognize the trim marks added to an imposition using Quite Imposing v5. I have the preference for the marks set to "all separations".

Pitstop Inspector reports that the marks are "Separation: All (Registration color)", but every time I run the action, it never sets the box to the marks. I have the action set for 400% CMYK and Separation All (registration). I could swear that this process used to work, but I don't have any old versions of Pitstop and Quite Imposing to test.

Has anyone else run into this issue?
CruzinCooler

Re: Quite Imposing/Hot and Set trim box by marks

Post by CruzinCooler »

Can you post a file imposed with Quite Imposing v5?
mclarke

Re: Quite Imposing/Hot and Set trim box by marks

Post by mclarke »

Okay, so that was weird. In getting a file ready to upload, I decided to set the marks back to "default" in the Quite Imposing Step and Repeat wizard. Then, finished the imposition. Ran the action for "set box by trim marks" and this time, it worked.

Since I couldn't use the marks at their default length and offset (customer uses .125" long and a 0.0625" offset), as another test, I changed them back to the customer-required settings. Then, re-imposed the test page again and ran the action. Again, it worked.

So, looks like it just needed to go back to default for some reason. If anyone else runs into this issue, just set the marks in Quite Imposing back to default, run a test impo, then change them back to your necessary values.