Search Same File Name - reassemble Job

JuBaz

Search Same File Name - reassemble Job

Post by JuBaz »

Hi,

I have a Job Folder with several files and want to reassemble them to new job folders. There should be a new job folder for all files that are named for example "...Beratung...pdf" and all files "...Analyse...pdf" and maybe there are some more keywords. This works pretty good with the variable Job Name and the "Search" for the keyword. I just wondering if there is a possibility not to name the keywords in detail but to tell switch it should put all files with the same keyword into a new job folder, without naming the keyword.
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: Search Same File Name - reassemble Job

Post by freddyp »

"Ungroup job" followed by "Assemble job" with the following settings:
Scheme - Custom
Job identifier: some variable that extracts the keyword from the job name
Number of files: this is problematic because you do not know how many files of a certain keyword there will be, but you can solve it using another property (see below). Set this to a high number you will never have, e.g. 999
Job folder name: use the same value as for "Job identifier"
Orphan timeout: this is the timeout for jobs that have been waiting without being assembled because the criteria are not met. Set this to 1 minute. Because of the 999 the criteria will never be met, but after a minute all jobs that have the same "Job identifier" will be assembled.

It is not 100% efficient because there is a waiting period to ensure that all files are there, but I hope it is acceptable. If not, you wil have to script it.
JuBaz

Post by JuBaz »

That's exactly what I do already and it works pretty good :) The variable for Job Identifier is Job Name --> Search: Analyse or Search:Beratung.
What I wanted to know is, if it is possible not to Search for "Analyse" and "Beratung" but instead set up a variable which checks if the files are named with the same words automatically.
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Post by magnussandstrom »

JuBaz wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:38 pm That's exactly what I do already and it works pretty good :) The variable for Job Identifier is Job Name --> Search: Analyse or Search:Beratung.
What I wanted to know is, if it is possible not to Search for "Analyse" and "Beratung" but instead set up a variable which checks if the files are named with the same words automatically.
When "Assemble job" you could set Scheme to Custom and set Job indentifier to look for example the first 6 characters of the file name [Job.NameProper:Segment="1-6"] or everything before the first underscore [Job.NameProper:Before="_"], then set Number of files to 100000 and set After N minutes to 1 minutes (or what time-limit suits your workflow).

Input:
as1.jpg
as1.jpg (132.76 KiB) Viewed 5237 times

Output:
as2.jpg
as2.jpg (144.79 KiB) Viewed 5237 times

Maybe that could work for you?
JuBaz

Post by JuBaz »

I will try if that's more flexible, thank you!