Split PDF, merge as uncollated 2-sided sets

rhd_ole

Split PDF, merge as uncollated 2-sided sets

Post by rhd_ole »

Hey Everyone

I tried a search and found a few things but not for what I'm trying to do. I'll be using Switch and PS Server.

PDF file that has n-pages ( ranges from 1-200 pages) I need to create uncollated set sets of these.

eg: single sided - 3 sets would be 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3 ,3, 4, 4, 4, etc. that works.
eg: double sided - 3 sets would be 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 4, 3, 4, etc.

I feel like using PS with variable sets will work but I'm just not getting there. I can get it working if they are not double sided, but I'm stumped on getting them assembled in the correct order.
Color Science & Workflow Automation
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Re: Split PDF, merge as uncollated 2-sided sets

Post by magnussandstrom »

Hi, should it always be a repetition of 3?
Last edited by magnussandstrom on Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rhd_ole

Post by rhd_ole »

magnussandstrom wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:20 am Hi, should it always be a repetion of 3?
No, it will be a variable depending on how many uncollated sets are needed.
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

Split the file into 1 page or 2 pages, ungroup the job, use the app "Job repeater" to create x number of copies and set "Assemble in job folder" to "Yes" (this will add a counter as suffix to the files in the folder), dismantle the job to get individual files (do not use Ungroup job here!), assemble everything again with "Scheme - Custom" with the property "Job identifier" set as the private data key Ungroup.JobName that was set by "Ungroup job" and "Number of files" as the Switch.Calculation of the private data key Ungroup.NumFiles multiplied by the number used in "Job repeater". "Merge PDF" as the last step.

Not tested!

This app will also solve it: https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/pro ... -pages-pro and is certainly a lot quicker.
rhd_ole

Post by rhd_ole »

freddyp wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:21 am Split the file into 1 page or 2 pages, ungroup the job, use the app "Job repeater" to create x number of copies and set "Assemble in job folder" to "Yes" (this will add a counter as suffix to the files in the folder), dismantle the job to get individual files (do not use Ungroup job here!), assemble everything again with "Scheme - Custom" with the property "Job identifier" set as the private data key Ungroup.JobName that was set by "Ungroup job" and "Number of files" as the Switch.Calculation of the private data key Ungroup.NumFiles multiplied by the number used in "Job repeater". "Merge PDF" as the last step.

Not tested!

This app will also solve it: https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/pro ... -pages-pro and is certainly a lot quicker.
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I use job repeater but haven't this way.. I'll post back with the results!!
rhd_ole

Post by rhd_ole »

This worked great!! Thanks again.