Unable to sign into App Store [Solved]

dfsocha

Unable to sign into App Store [Solved]

Post by dfsocha »

Long story short, the server we had Switch installed on crapped out on us - specifically the OS drive died. We had the Application Root on a different drive, thankfully.

I installed Switch on the new server and opened it up for the first time and signed into the App Store and it signed in successfully. I then shut down the Switch server applications and ran the Application Data Root tool to set a new data root, which is on the separate drive.

Originally, with the settings I had in there, SSL was turned on. When I opened the Switch application, it told me there was a hardware change and I needed to sign in again. When I signed in, it was giving me a "Connection Refused" error with code 10061. I then turned off SSL and now, when I sign in, I'm getting a 500 error instead.

I am working with Enfocus Support but I was hoping that someone else has had this problem and could get back to me with a solution quicker than support. Based on a log file, support told me to rename my "UserDatabase.db3" and let it generate a new one, which it did, but that didn't fix it.

Any thoughts from anyone that has had this problem and can tell me how they fixed it?
Last edited by dfsocha on Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joaodaffonsojr

Re: Unable to sign into App Store

Post by joaodaffonsojr »

Hi !

I have an issue with Appstore ... solved with this ...

https://enfocus.my.site.com/partners/s/ ... Enfocus-ID

hope it helps you !
dfsocha

Re: Unable to sign into App Store [Solved]

Post by dfsocha »

Specifically in regards to my issue, here is the help I got from support that fixed my issue:

********************************************************************************************************************************************************

If you log into the portal, do you see the correct installations of Switch on the left pane > Switch > My Switch, or do you have one that may be referencing the old hardware also? If the installation(s) is not correct, could you do a “forget Switch installation” on that one too?

The second error that you are getting (500 error) is typically also resolved by the earlier steps provided, so since you changed the settings, please try these steps again:

1 Can you log in to enfocus.com, go to 'My Switch' (it's in the menu under the account) and do a "Forget Switch installation" for your production system?

2 Please follow these steps on the Switch system itself:

PC:
- Close down Switch, including background processes
- Remove the following file
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Enfocus\Switch Server\settings\AppsTrustedStorage.dat
- Type in Regedit in the start menu and press enter to open the Registry Editor
- Browse to this location:
Computer/HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Enfocus/Switch Server
- There will be three keys there which name starts with Appstore, remove them (Right click and choose delete)
- Start Switch
- Login in the Switch About panel
- Assign your App on the Appstore to this instance of Switch