Compare two pdf file

Rakesh Singh

Compare two pdf file

Post by Rakesh Singh »

Hello Team,

Hope you all are well,

Team i have design a flow which give us two pdf file in folder, one is Fresh client and and another processed final, there have some change in processed pdf file and we want to compare both file for Quality checking and correction updation check.

so team please have a look this and provide me solution .

Thanks for your support

Rakesh
sander
Advanced member

Re: Compare two pdf file

Post by sander »

Why the default Acrobat compare doesn't fit your needs?

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/c ... ments.html
_olq

Post by _olq »

Hi Rakesh,

Depending on your requirements there are several solutions on the market, for example, AVT, Globalvision, etc.
If you just need a simplest but definitely the cheapest, you can use ImageMagic with command: compare
https://www.imagemagick.org/script/compare.php

The bottom line is that you can automate the entire process in Switch with CLI interface.
The bad news is that it only works on bitmaps, which does not reduce its usability but it complicates the use.

Keep warm,
Aleksander
NEOSA

Post by NEOSA »

Hi

Or also callas pdfToolbox CLI/Server ?

There is a configurator for this ;-)
lucillemcmahan89

Post by lucillemcmahan89 »

There are several ways to compare two PDF files, depending on your needs and the tools you have available. Here are a few options:

Use a dedicated PDF comparison tool: There are several tools available that are specifically designed to compare PDF files, such as DiffPDF, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Compare Suite. These tools allow you to compare two PDF files side-by-side and highlight any differences between them, such as changes in text, images, or formatting.

Use an online comparison tool: There are several online tools available that allow you to upload two PDF files and compare them for free, such as Smallpdf, Sejda, and Draftable. These tools typically highlight any differences between the two files and allow you to download the compared PDF.

Use a file comparison tool: If you don't have access to a PDF comparison tool, you can also try using a file comparison tool, such as WinMerge or Beyond Compare. These tools allow you to compare two files of any type, including PDFs, and highlight any differences between them.
JimmyHartington
Advanced member

Post by JimmyHartington »

I have made a flow, which uses diff-pdf (https://vslavik.github.io/diff-pdf/) to visual compare 2 pdf-files.
First the flow makes sure the input contains a folder with 2 pdf-files.
And then they are changed so media box is the same a trim box. I use it to compare proofs with press ready files. So I need to ignore crop marks and other items.