Portal job statuses and filters - what exactly is an "active job"???

thepkglab_greg

Portal job statuses and filters - what exactly is an "active job"???

Post by thepkglab_greg »

Hi community - you guys have helped me a lot! This is a great resource. I have another issue, with jobs in flows not appearing in the web portal.

From the Switch documentation:
Meaning: The job resides somewhere in the flow but not in a Checkpoint, and it is not finished yet. This includes jobs in the Problem jobs flow element.
Filter: Active Jobs
Displays: All jobs that are somewhere in the flow, but not in an end folder (that is, not yet completed). This includes files that reside in the Problem jobs folder.

From what I've observed, this is not true. Or at least it's an oversimplification.

Two elements in particular stand out here: the PDF Review Module, and Hold Job Groups (I'm sure there are more).

Jobs at these one of these elements will sit (they're still "somewhere in the flow!") waiting in the preceding folder until they're reviewed/released. While they're sitting in the flow waiting, they don't appear in the portal at all, under any status or flow filter.

To me, this severely limits the usefulness of the web portal. I was expecting "Active Jobs" to show all our jobs that are still very much active, just in review! Instead, I can watch jobs breeze through most of the flow in just a few minutes, only to disappear completely for hours while waiting for review.

"What's the status on order ABC?" Well, it's not showing in the portal... Did it get picked up from the incoming hotfolder? Was it even downloaded to the hotfolder at all? Or is it just waiting for customer review? I don't know!

Has anyone else noticed this behavior? Does anyone have any suggestions, am I missing something? I'd be grateful for any help!
laurentd

Re: Portal job statuses and filters - what exactly is an "active job"???

Post by laurentd »

Hello,

You can use the flow stages and the job boards to have a nice overview of the jobs waiting for review.
To define the flow stages, use the Refresh job info element.

You will be able to create a job board like this:
Job boards
Job boards
PDF Review job boards.png (90.92 KiB) Viewed 2621 times

Job boards is a standard feature of Switch.
If you add the reporting module, you can also create nice dashboards with graphs, lists, counters, …
Dashboards
Dashboards
PDF Review dashboards.png (112.33 KiB) Viewed 2621 times

Btw, you might also be interested in the PDF Review Module Reporter app, to send feeback by email after a file or collection review.
Laurent De Wilde, Solution Architect @ Enfocus
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Post by magnussandstrom »

We are using Job Boards for viewing PDF-Review status in Switch Portal (by using the flow element 'Refresh job info' and 'Flow stage').

..but since our portal users (+40 people) do most job handeling in Job Filters (Check jobs) it would be a really good feature if PDF Review could be viewed as a Check Point in Switch Portal as well. Now it's a bit awkward for the user to go 'somewhere else' to look at PDF Review status.

Laurent: I did not know I could use Dashboards like that, I will look into that!

job_filters.png
job_filters.png (65.3 KiB) Viewed 2593 times
job_board.png
job_board.png (163.58 KiB) Viewed 2593 times
thepkglab_greg

Post by thepkglab_greg »

laurentd wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:02 am You can use the flow stages and the job boards to have a nice overview of the jobs waiting for review.
Hi Laurent,

Thank you for replying! Unfortunately - unless I'm missing something - this isn't working for me.

Stage is set and job info refreshed
Stage is set and job info refreshed
Artboard 0@3x@0.75x.jpg (138.16 KiB) Viewed 2563 times
Filter and board setup - board shows nothing!
Filter and board setup - board shows nothing!
Artboard 1@3x@0.75x.jpg (128 KiB) Viewed 2563 times

I was expecting the 5 jobs sitting in the Single Holding and Collection Holding folders to be visible on this board. Jobs sit in these folders for a maximum of 12 hours before the review times out.
laurentd

Post by laurentd »

Here is a screenshot of my job board settings:
job board.png
job board.png (131.53 KiB) Viewed 2450 times
Laurent De Wilde, Solution Architect @ Enfocus
thepkglab_greg

Post by thepkglab_greg »

laurentd wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:54 pm Here is a screenshot of my job board settings:
I went ahead and gave that a shot, but the board still shows nothing. I've also double checked permissions for all users and flows.
Basic board settings
Basic board settings
Artboard 1.png (206.44 KiB) Viewed 2439 times
I'm kind of at a loss here - I might open a support ticket.
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

I got this to work just fine. Can you post a screen grab of the 'Refresh job info' properties (STAGE Proof)?
thepkglab_greg

Post by thepkglab_greg »

Refresh job info settings
Refresh job info settings
2023-04-05_104218_TeamViewer.png (114.96 KiB) Viewed 2397 times
I've opened a ticket for this, so hopefully it'll be figured out.
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

That looks accurate, a support case might be the next step. But my best guess is that there is some mistake that exclude the job somehow.