overprinting stroke simulate trapping

drcpub

overprinting stroke simulate trapping

Post by drcpub »

Hi, hoping someone could help with this. The refining process from prinergy for overprinting black copy is global, so it is either on or off. There is an option for narrowing down what will overprint using type font size, but that is not an option because there are too many different type sizes throughout the 500 pages. On this test page, black copy on top of the pms 871 needs to be knocked out and trap, while the black copy on top of the light graphic background needs to remain overprinting. I made a very simple action to knock out the copy on the 871. I select the copy, run the action and it is not overprinting. Now I need to add a stroke to that same copy that is not currently stroked, make the stroke overprint with both the 871 and black simulating a trap. The stork cannot extend out, it needs to go in.Prinergy supplies a plugin for moving trap but it is on a page by page process. very time consuming and if a new file comes in, that's not gonna be pretty.

I am supplying the action and the test graphic. If someone could please help construct an action for this I would be very appreciative.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mUzpIO ... share_link
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: overprinting stroke simulate trapping

Post by freddyp »

The Action list you made changes the overprint settings of everything. If you only want to knock out black on top of PANTONE 871 you can do the following:
Select spot color PANTONE 871
Select overlapping objects (objects that overlap any object from the current selection)
Select color (Black)
AND
Change fill and/or stroke (fill is on, and stroke is on)
Change overprint (fill is knockout, stroke is overprint)

You can stroke text, it does not have to be outlined.