Extract Cutfiles From PDF!

Egon

Extract Cutfiles From PDF!

Post by Egon »

Hi!

Maybe a bit of a strange question, but we get a lot of PDF files with a Cutting shape in it. Now I have already set everything (Pitstop and Switch) so that Griffin can easily process these files, such as renaming the Cutlines and moving them to a new layer, etc.

But now I would like (as an option) to store these PDF files separately, so a separate PDF with the print without the cutting lines and a PDF with only the cutting lines and without the print!

I've already tried something in Pitstop, but I'm stuck with the fact that Pitstop has to delete items at some point! And the PDF must be split because a PDF with 2 pages is double-sided in our flows. So then again you would say you should design this in Switch, maybe something with Split PDF Layers?

Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction? :)
Enfocus Pitstop Pro | Enfocus Pitstop Server | Enfocus Switch | ArtiosCad | Workflow Designer
Linkedin | GraphicWorld bv.
JimmyHartington
Advanced member

Re: Extract Cutfiles From PDF!

Post by JimmyHartington »

Maybe you could use the trick from this post: viewtopic.php?p=15111&hilit=remap#p15111
So make a copy.
In one file remap CMYK to None.
and in the other remap Cutting lines to None.
Egon

Post by Egon »

Maybe not the best solution :) but at least a start! Thanks for the tip JimmyHartington, I'll give it a try!
Enfocus Pitstop Pro | Enfocus Pitstop Server | Enfocus Switch | ArtiosCad | Workflow Designer
Linkedin | GraphicWorld bv.
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Post by Terkelsen »

With Griffin in Switch you already have the possibility to make separate files for cutting and printing, so why not just make a copy of these?
loicaigon
Advanced member

Post by loicaigon »

@Egon,

Would you mind sharing files?
joaodaffonsojr

Post by joaodaffonsojr »

I had a similiar situation.

What I did was take the cutting lines and assign a layer to it, them i used the app Split PDF layers to create 2 pdf´s.
The print version and the other with only the cutting lines.

https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/pro ... pdf-layers

Hope this can help you!