Acrobat Security settings

Terkelsen
Advanced member

Acrobat Security settings

Post by Terkelsen »

I have run into a problem when calling Acrobat via the configurator in Switch. I simply want Acrobat to save a PDF into different formats like Word, Plain Text, HTML and others.

This works fine for me on my own setup on both Mac and Windows.

However, when trying to do this on a costumers Windows Server 2012R2, Switch returns the following error:

Script execution error: ERROR: NotAllowedError: Security settings prevent access to this property or method.

If I open the file in Acrobat and save the file manually into the various formats, it works fine. I assume it has something to do with security settings in Acrobat or the rights of the logged in user?

We are running Switch 2017u1 and Acrobat XI. I remember that in previous versions you had to allow for JavaScripts to run in Acrobat, but that is already allowed. Any ideas?
gabrielp
Advanced member

Re: Acrobat Security settings

Post by gabrielp »

Not very helpful but it seems that some methods need a privileged process to run: http://help.adobe.com/livedocs/acrobat_ ... .87.6.html

Other people have run into this as well: viewtopic.php?t=307

I guess you'll have to do some sys-admin-magic to see if Switch can run the Acrobat configurator as a privileged user.
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Post by Terkelsen »

I found that logging in as a different user with different privileges made things work. Now I "just" need to find out what specific privilege made the difference :?
benjamin.straub

Post by benjamin.straub »

I am running in the the same issue today. Can anybody explain to me what the issue is?