string for pagenumber

Robbie

string for pagenumber

Post by Robbie »

We have some flows where we include a tekst (order number en custiomer information) We do this with a variable. So when we start the flow we just fill in the tekst en push run. But i want to include a page number. What is the string code for this and where do i need to put this?
loicaigon
Advanced member

Re: string for pagenumber

Post by loicaigon »

Hi

What do you want to achieve exactly? If you want to add page numbers, there is an action for that (See Add Page Number).

Loic
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

I have a varible "text toevoegen". if you run the workflow on a PDF page it wil do some things. Like putting a cutline and placing grumits and placing a text outside the trimbox with ordernumber and customer info (this line of tekst you need to fill in when you run the flow) But i like to have the page number also there. (because some PDF have multi pages)

So you will get something like this: 14595_OUTSTAND_Textiel_Blackback_A_Copernicare_Links_3330x2500mm - page 1 of 2
loicaigon
Advanced member

Post by loicaigon »

Ok, I think I see the trouble. You cannot use built-in variables in combination with a variable.
What you could do is having two "Add Objects - Text" actions. One that would use the text with your variables. Then the second one that would use the built-in variables.
I understand it's not as convenient as using one single action but it can work. Of course, you just have to deal with positioning.

Hope that helps.
Loic
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

loicaigon wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:16 pm Ok, I think I see the trouble. You cannot use built-in variables in combination with a variable.
What you could do is having two "Add Objects - Text" actions. One that would use the text with your variables. Then the second one that would use the built-in variables.
I understand it's not as convenient as using one single action but it can work. Of course, you just have to deal with positioning.

Hope that helps.
Loic
I looked at that also but we have lots of flows where there is text on 4 sides of the files so that meens lots of work.... I now have something in the varibles that works ( its not nice to see but it works for now). Mayby in a update the option can be build in to the varible.
Schermafbeelding 2023-06-08 om 08.12.31.png
Schermafbeelding 2023-06-08 om 08.12.31.png (218.58 KiB) Viewed 9488 times
loicaigon
Advanced member

Post by loicaigon »

Hi,
Page Number and Page Count are built-in variables that you can call from adding text (Add Object Action). You don't need an external variable to display that info.
I thought you wanted to mix some external variables data with built-in variables, hence my previous answer.
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

i found that but you can not put a variable tekst there and the page count code. It only uses 1 of them, either the variable ore the page count.