Custom Reports - Spot Colors Only

jcarden

Custom Reports - Spot Colors Only

Post by jcarden »

I was wondering if there was a way to change the custom report's color chapter to only show spot colors.

Or if that is not possible to create a check that would report the names of all the spot colors used in a document.
Malcolm Mackenzie

Re: Custom Reports - Spot Colors Only

Post by Malcolm Mackenzie »

Hi

You can use a Preflight profile and from the Color tab select Spot color as per the grab.
Screenshot 2023-06-18 at 09.11.17.png
Screenshot 2023-06-18 at 09.11.17.png (71.5 KiB) Viewed 15080 times
bens
Advanced member

Post by bens »

The colour chapter contains the information gathered by the "Gather color information" chapter. Like all actions, this will work on selected objects only. When used in a Preflight Profile it will select everything, and hence you'll get all the colour information. But you can use it in an Action List as well, and then restrict it to any selection you want.

In other words: create an Action List that does "Select spot color" + "Gather color information". If you want this in a Preflight Profile you can add it to the "Checks" of the embedded Action Lists. Be sure to disable the "Color" checkbox on the general tab if you do that.
jcarden

Post by jcarden »

Thanks Everyone!

I got that modified and it worked perfectly.
jcarden

Post by jcarden »

Ok, now I have another question in the same realm.

If I only wanted the page boxes page to show the trim, bleed and crop boxes is there a way to do that?
bens
Advanced member

Post by bens »

Hmm I don't think that is possible, sorry. You could try logging a feature request.
loicaigon
Advanced member

Post by loicaigon »

@jcarden,
Why would you want NOT to display the mediabox and DO want the crop box. For the latter, it's only useful for applications that display PDF files. And the mediabox is normally something you would want to have for info.

Feel free to give a practical example here.

Loic Aigon
jcarden

Post by jcarden »

@loic-

The real problem here is that there is too much information for our CSRs. In our workflow they just need to care about the Trim & Bleed box sizes.

When I send the report to them now most of them get confused by which box to pay attention too. I would really like to only show a limited selection.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 10.15.40 AM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 10.15.40 AM.jpg (137.78 KiB) Viewed 11657 times
loicaigon
Advanced member

Post by loicaigon »

Hi,

I see. A possible workaround is to create a custom template and set color for Mediabox and Artbox to white, but not pretty:
https://enfocus.my.site.com/customers/s ... 00000saDxe

Loic Aigon