Large number of proofs per job

paul_barker

Large number of proofs per job

Post by paul_barker »

We have been using Switch and the PDF review module but some of our customers wont use it because a lot of their jobs have many types (over 100 in some cases) and dont like the fact they have to open each one individually and approve or reject them and prefer the old fashioned way of us sending them a single PDF. I managed to create a flow which combines the files before proofing but the issue then is if they have to reject all types and cannot just reject individual types. I wondered if anybody else has had a similar experience and come up with any way of dealing with this scenario.
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Re: Large number of proofs per job

Post by magnussandstrom »

paul_barker wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:10 pm We have been using Switch and the PDF review module but some of our customers wont use it because a lot of their jobs have many types (over 100 in some cases) and dont like the fact they have to open each one individually and approve or reject them and prefer the old fashioned way of us sending them a single PDF. I managed to create a flow which combines the files before proofing but the issue then is if they have to reject all types and cannot just reject individual types. I wondered if anybody else has had a similar experience and come up with any way of dealing with this scenario.
We have the same dialogue with our "campaign customers" that have large quantities of files in monthly chunks. The main complaint is that "it takes too much time". We have not find any great solutions for this, but I try to explain the reason why PDF Review is a better way then sending them a ZIP-files with PDFs. Using arguments like 'WYSIWYG' etc.
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

I am a bit puzzled by the word "types". You use it three times. What do you mean by it?

Are you using collections? If not, have a look at that functionality.
paul_barker

Post by paul_barker »

Hi Magnus
Thanks for the reply, good to know that we are not the only ones with the same issue.

Hi Freddy
By types I mean individual artworks, so for a typical job the customer may supply us with say 100 or more pieces of artwork and when we send them the proof through the PDF review module as a collection, they still have to click and open 100 proofs and approve or reject each one which when doing this across the internet can take some time. They insist we continue as we did before Switch which was to combine all 100 files into one PDF and send this on email which they can flick through quickly and they then reply and put in the email which artworks are rejected if any and will be resupplied.
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

Understood. In that case, combine all the artworks into a multipage file and ask the customer to add a comment to each "page" that is being rejected. The comments are added to the job as a dataset, so it is possible to figure out which pages have been rejected and which ones not. Does that sound like a reasonable approach?
paul_barker

Post by paul_barker »

Thats something I hadn't condsidered but not sure how I could work the logistics of re-injecting the approved files and deleting the rejected ones later in the flow as it is connected to our MIS to track the individual types so once the jobs completely approved it can be automatically imposed for print. Its a shame that the review module doesn't have the option for page by page approval/rejection which would maybe make things more palatable for the customer but still not sure if there is a viable solution to make it work in a seamlessly automated way.