Adobe Preset

ConquestUser

Adobe Preset

Post by ConquestUser »

I'm trying to set up the Indesign configurator in Switch but I keep getting error: user cancelled this action. If I use the preset High Quality Print it works but if I use my own or any other one it does not work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
loicaigon
Advanced member

Re: Adobe Preset

Post by loicaigon »

What if you try your preset in InDesign itself? Do you get an error message or some warning?
The "user cancelled this action." can appear when a modal dialog tries to open but can't cause of one already displayed.
Feel free to send screenshots of both your Switch InDesign Configurator settings and your Indesign PDF presets window.
ConquestUser

Post by ConquestUser »

I've attached the screenshots of the setting. Very basic.
2023-06-20 08_11_46-Remote Desktop Manager Free [Automation].png
2023-06-20 08_11_46-Remote Desktop Manager Free [Automation].png (12.38 KiB) Viewed 22711 times
2023-06-20 08_10_54-Remote Desktop Manager Free [Automation].png
2023-06-20 08_10_54-Remote Desktop Manager Free [Automation].png (12.85 KiB) Viewed 22711 times

Thanks
loicaigon
Advanced member

Post by loicaigon »

Hi
Can you run this little script inside indesign and see if you get the same error? The guess is that a dialog tries to pop-up. Maybe some warning of some sort:

Code: Select all

var doc = app.activeDocument;
var preset = app.pdfExportPresets.itemByName("CG CMYK 2018");
doc.exportFile(ExportFormat.PDF_TYPE, File(Folder.desktop+"/test.pdf"), false, preset);
Note that this script will only work if:
- a doc is open (preferably the one which "fails" within Switch
- You have a PDF export ^preset named "CG CMYK 2018" installed

We want to see if an error message pops up inside InDesign.
ConquestUser

Post by ConquestUser »

I actually got the preset to work by copying the high quality preset and then editing it. Now My issue is Illustrator. Every file or package I try to send to the Illustrator app fails.

Thanks
loicaigon
Advanced member

Post by loicaigon »

What is the messages pane reporting? You can active "debug" to have more details.
ConquestUser

Post by ConquestUser »

Nothing it just keep sitting at the Illustrator app and not moving. Task manager shows no usage on illustrator. So I really don't know what it's doing.

Thanks
Padawan
Advanced member

Post by Padawan »

Is it possible that you are on Windows and Illustrator was started manually (not by Switch)?

On windows InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop need to be started by Switch, otherwise the the communication with Switch won't work.
ConquestUser

Post by ConquestUser »

That seems to have worked. I got some other minor tweaks to do but at least it's moving through the flow. Thanks so much!