Using information from metadata in a variable

BeCa

Using information from metadata in a variable

Post by BeCa »

Hi,

According to the help page of Pitstop Pro, it should be possible to pull information from metadata to populate a variable but I'm not succeding. In my Pitstop Pro I don't see the option available to use a string.

https://www.enfocus.com/manuals/Referen ... ables.html
String - Entry for a metadata field
What I'm trying to accomplish is the following:

There are certain items that we need to check they exist in the PDF we process, for example a QR code. But the page in which they are located depends on the type of item that we are checking. The information of what type of item is the one we are checking exist in metadata.
Is it possible to create a variable in PitStop Pro that automatically pulls that information form metadata and select the right page to check in order to save the user from manually entering the page number?

I hope my explanation makes sense.

Thank you for your help with this!
loicaigon
Advanced member

Re: Using information from metadata in a variable

Post by loicaigon »

Hi,

I think our documentation is misleading here. You indeed can't get XMP metadata on the fly as a value for the variable. We probably meant "variable value" set as a string.

You basically have 2 approaches:

1) Ask user to fill in the variable as you mentioned
2) Use the "Select by document info" to condition your action execution.

To be more precise here is an example of "conditioned" group of actions execution:

What I do here is conditioning some action to an active selection, which is tied to the value of a XMP field. Looks to me that it covers your requirement.

Loic Aigon
PitStop Product Manager