Grabbing info from one file in the flow and injecting it on another

Printpark

Grabbing info from one file in the flow and injecting it on another

Post by Printpark »

Hello! I'm stuck on a problem I need to solve using Switch for some time now, so I decided to ask for you guys' help.

I have a sequence of flows in Switch that applies fixes and store files for book productions. Usually we have two PDF files running in the flow for the same job. One for the cover and other for the body.

I was able to make the flow identify the flap size on the cover (or at least something close to it) and rename the file with the cover flap size information. But now I'm stuck trying to figure out how can I send this information to the book body file that is getting it's own fixes applied somewhere in the flow.

The first thing I thought was using hold job to, somehow, make the body file wait for the cover file. But I couldn't figure it out.

Now I'm trying to do something like that with http request and webhook, but for some reason I'm not receiving the payload with the parameters I set.

Could you guys help me out?
Thanks in advance!
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: Grabbing info from one file in the flow and injecting it on another

Post by jan_suhr »

Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
Printpark

Re: Grabbing info from one file in the flow and injecting it on another

Post by Printpark »

Thank you for the fast reply.

I'm going to give it a try, but to do that I think I'll start to use xml metadata for every information, instead of leaving information on the filename.