AWS S3 Dowload based on Trigger/Incoming File

matt.baile

AWS S3 Dowload based on Trigger/Incoming File

Post by matt.baile »

I'm working on a workflow and I need to download files in a specific folder within an AWS bucket based on a value in an incoming trigger file. The file gives the folder name that I need to download. I see that SWITCH has an AWS S3 Downloader, but it appears that it's time driven and not able to be configured to use an incoming file to trigger it (like an inject job element does). Is there a way to change how the AWS Downloader is configured to be based off an incoming file or is AWS compatible with using the Inject Job element?
cordell_printnow

Re: AWS S3 Dowload based on Trigger/Incoming File

Post by cordell_printnow »

Not that I'm aware of, most of the triggers built into Switch are timer based.
If you want it to be triggered when the file arrives, you'd be better to have a webhook (which oddly enough, I'm having a bit of problems with).
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: AWS S3 Dowload based on Trigger/Incoming File

Post by freddyp »

matt.baile wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:00 pm I'm working on a workflow and I need to download files in a specific folder within an AWS bucket based on a value in an incoming trigger file. The file gives the folder name that I need to download. I see that SWITCH has an AWS S3 Downloader, but it appears that it's time driven and not able to be configured to use an incoming file to trigger it (like an inject job element does). Is there a way to change how the AWS Downloader is configured to be based off an incoming file or is AWS compatible with using the Inject Job element?
Contact the app creator and submit the feature request. It is definitely a feature request that makes a lot of sense!