Checking Barcode Quiet Zone

saitok

Checking Barcode Quiet Zone

Post by saitok »

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to check Barcode Quiet Zone.
Does anyone know good way?

For example, if I can integrate GlobalVision to Switch, it will provide me more features, but I think I can’t.
https://globalvision.co/gvd/barcode-inspection/

Regards,
cordell_printnow

Re: Checking Barcode Quiet Zone

Post by cordell_printnow »

I don't know what you mean by a barcode quiet zone?
Can you please explain what this is?
saitok

Post by saitok »

Thank you for the response.
This page is helpful to understand Quiet Zone.
http://biginja.com/shhhhhhh-quiet-zone/

Regards,
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

When you create a barcode with the "Create barcode" Action you can set the quiet zone, but there is no Action that checks if a barcode that is already present has a quiet zone.

Here is a description of what you could perhaps do to check this if there is only 1 barcode (if there are multiple you will have to use a script).

Run an Action List with "Check barcode" in PitStop Server. In the report (XML or JSON) you will find the bounding box of the barcode. In a second step you could place the art box on that bounding box using variables. You can then make the art box bigger so it is the size of the quiet zone and then you can check if there objects that overlap the region art box. If there are no such objects the quiet zone is quiet, otherwise there is a problem. It is a conceptual description, I have not tried it :D.

What you could also do in the second step is simply to create the barcode again with the information from "Check barcode" and use a correct quiet zone, but then you are creating it again when it is not necessary and you do not know if there was a problem.