Release files sorted by time stamp

Terkelsen
Advanced member

Release files sorted by time stamp

Post by Terkelsen »

I have a lot of PDF files in a flow folder. They all contains a specific time stamp as JSON metadata. I need to send all the files to a hotfolder on a RIP. It is very important that the oldest file is sent first and so on in the order of the time stamps. It sounds quite simpel but I have failed to find a solid solution. Any ideas?
JimmyHartington
Advanced member

Re: Release files sorted by time stamp

Post by JimmyHartington »

Are you allowed to rename the files? Maybe temporarily.
Then you could add the date/time as prefix.
Use the app File sorter and spacer to sort and release.
https://cdn-www.enfocus.com/sites/defau ... nglish.pdf
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Re: Release files sorted by time stamp

Post by Terkelsen »

Jimmy, I was trying that earlier, but the challenge was, that you need to collect all files in one folder before using "File sorter and spacer". In this case a batch of files is released from a Check Point using "Process multiple". I now write the time (hhmm) in a hidden metadata field in the Check Point and use that information to assemble all jobs released at the same time in a folder. Before that all files are renamed with a suffix generated from the timestamp in the JSON file.

That works. The only small challenge is, that you don't know the amount of files to be assembled, so I need to use the timeout for that. Would be nice if the number of files processed as "Process multiple" could be read somewhere ;)