Check if Pdf consists only of images or vectors.

PdFUser5000

Check if Pdf consists only of images or vectors.

Post by PdFUser5000 »

Sometimes customers send their "vectorized" logos as PDFs with images inside them. I would like to automatically check this with pitstop.

From preflight i can check the amount of images, which could be bigger than 1 and cause a warning. But sometimes the logo can consist of both, images and vector paths.

From the action list, i can check if the number of paths on page is less than 1. not vector paths in a pdf = logo must be not vectorized. Although when checking a PDF with only an image inside, it still gives me a warning, that Number of paths is not equal to 0/ less than 1. is it somehow reading the image as a path?

Maybe pitstop is not even the correct tool to check if a logo is vectorized or not, if there exists anything like that.
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: Check if Pdf consists only of images or vectors.

Post by freddyp »

There can be other objects that you do not see. Select all objects and at the top of the Inspector you will see the types of the selected objects. Or use the Object Browser from the PitStop Pro menu. Both are often very enlightening.

Another tip perhaps: the logo is probably present in a certain part of the page; consider also using "Select objects inside or outside region".
PdFUser5000

Post by PdFUser5000 »

WHat i have come up with so far is:

Select All
Number of images on page must be equal to 0
Select All
AND
Number of paths on page must be more than or equal to 1

This would presume, that there is no images in the pdf, and atleast one vector path, which should be the logo. Not sure if i have to use operators here or am i using them wrong.
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

The operator AND is not needed and the double select all is not either, just
Select all
Check number of images
Check number of paths