Inject Folder Name Issue

paul_barker

Inject Folder Name Issue

Post by paul_barker »

I am trying to inject a folder containing several files into a flow but it works sometimes and fails other which after logging it with Enfocus they said it is a network issue. I also tried the inject wildcard app to inject the folder or the files from within the folder but this also works sometimes and fails other times for the folder inject but never works for the file inject. After more testing I realised that our job number from our MIS which are used for the folders are a single number like 12345 for individual jobs and if it's a job series have a . in the number like 12345.01 and 12345.02. If the folder I am trying to inject from is the single number (\12345\PrintFolder) then it works every time but if its a job series folder (\12345.01\PrintFolder) then it injects sometimes and other it goes to problem jobs with an error. Im assuming it's the . in the folder name which is the issue but not sure why it works sometimes and fails other times. Has anyone else come across this or think of any way to work around it.
Thanks Paul
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: Inject Folder Name Issue

Post by jan_suhr »

In the variable you have for the folders name you can set up a Match value, in your case it should be \d{5} this is a Regular Expression that looks for only digits and always five of them.

This will skip the rest after the five digits (if your order number always have five digits)
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
paul_barker

Post by paul_barker »

Hi Jan. I'm not really understanding how that would work. The first part of the job numbers is always 5 digits but then they have the . followed by 2 digits. There will almost always be multiple folders on the root level with the same beginning but different after the . (12345.01 and 12345.02 and 12345.03) and inside each there is a folder called print folder containing the files I need. If I use just the first five digits then it will look inside all the folders and grab the files from every one but I need to inject the files just from the specific job number say 12345.03
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

OK I missunderstod you
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
paul_barker

Post by paul_barker »

No Problem Jan. It does get even weirder as I noticed that it actually only fails the first time and then works every time after that as long as you pass it through one after the other but if you wait a while it then fails again almost like the network volume is not available first time but then becomes available after th file has failed. I suppose I can work around this by putting it back through from the problem jobs folder which seems to work but would be nice to understand if this is a network issue or just a glitch.
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

Strange. However, if injecting one folder after the other works well I suggest to place a "Hold job" in front of the "Inject job". On the outgoing connection of "Hold job" there is a property "Folder constraint". If you set that to 1 job then "Hold job" will only pass on job at the time and consequently there will only ever be 1 "Inject job" active.

We will soon release a NodeJS version of the "Inject job" app. That works entirely differently and will hopefully not have the same issue. Hopefully, because so far we have not been able to reproduce the problem so we also do not know what solves it.
paul_barker

Post by paul_barker »

Thanks Freddy. Will wait and see what happens with the new NodeJS version when its released.