Save embedded preflight profile from Certified PDF

dcardillo

Save embedded preflight profile from Certified PDF

Post by dcardillo »

I've received a Certified PDF. It names the profile that was used to certify it. I can recertify it, by checking the PDF against the profile in the certificate again.

Can I save the profile from the certificate as a preflight profile (or even as text)? Or somehow view the settings and actions?

I know I can remove the certification. I don't want it removed. I'd like to see what the profile is checking/doing. (The profile makes modifications to the PDF, so when I recertify it makes those changes again.)

My issue is I have received a Pitstop preflight profile from a print vendor that I was instructed to run against any files submitted. They've told me there is an issue with one of my files. The file they returned is a certified PDF, with a different profile used. (It failed against that profile.) I would like to compare the two profiles.
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: Save embedded preflight profile from Certified PDF

Post by freddyp »

Open the CertifiedPDF file in Acrobat, go to the "Certified PDF" menu and open the Certified PDF dialog: there is a "Certified Preflight Profile Comparison" section in there. I sounds like that is what you are looking for.