Exact Reprint Flow

jayvt4011

Exact Reprint Flow

Post by jayvt4011 »

I would appreciate any suggestions anyone could provide on components I would use to create an exact reprint flow. My CSR's would key in old job number and printing specs. That would start a job in the flow that would then search our archives for the job numbered folder then locate the job that starts with the Number and ends with FINAL or FINAL 2. That file would then get injected into the flow and proceed. Thank you in advance for any suggestions on how to start this.
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Re: Exact Reprint Flow

Post by magnussandstrom »

You should be able to create this in Switch. Start with a 'Submit point' and the CSR's could log in to Switch portal to "Fetch the job folder".

Switch elements that might do the trick:
Submit point
Scan Heirarcy
Inject wildcard
rhd_ole

Post by rhd_ole »

We have one that has been working very successfully for about 5 years now.

We give the following options for the CSR to submit:

Enter Previous Job Number: Manual entry
New Job Number : Query from our MIS of open jobs
Exact reprint : Yes/No

If they select it's IS an exact reprint, we copy the entire job from archive to the new job number push the print ready pdfs to the required print volume based on how it was printed.

If they select No, it copies the entire job from the archive to the new job number and then puts the print ready pdfs into our prepress checkpoint to make any changes required.

This first searched for the previous job number in our production volume, if not found - it moves to our archive volume. This also relies on our folder structure to look for the Print Ready PDF folder, if those do no exist it emails to let them know it was not found in the search.
Last edited by rhd_ole on Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Color Science & Workflow Automation
jayvt4011

Post by jayvt4011 »

Thank you both for the information. magnussandstrom I am making progress now and have used the Scan Hierarchy to locate the old Job folder and used that metadata to inject the folder. I am going to try and create a new Job folder next and place the files in a subfolder labeled "Old Job" then extract the press pdf's and rename them.

I also like the idea of giving the CSR's options if its exact reprint or minor changes.

This is a work in progress! Thank you for the suggestions. Hopefully the flow will be functional soon.
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Post by magnussandstrom »

rhd_ole wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:03 pm New Job Number : Query from our MIS of open jobs
Our you using the database module for the query? Could you explain in short how it works?
rhd_ole

Post by rhd_ole »

magnussandstrom wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:53 pm
rhd_ole wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:03 pm New Job Number : Query from our MIS of open jobs
Our you using the database module for the query? Could you explain in short how it works?
Yes, are running a query via script expression in the submit point that outputs the list of open jobs.
Color Science & Workflow Automation