Suggestions on automating preflighting customer supplied art files

anthonyallen

Suggestions on automating preflighting customer supplied art files

Post by anthonyallen »

Hi all, my company currently has an Web2Print solution that allows customers to upload finished art directly to the website and create an order. We currently manage all pre-flight checking manually in our Art Department. We do the normal checks for CMYK, bleed, inside margin, outline text and make sure the art is 300dpi. We have both Callas PDF Toolbox and Pitstop Pro that we could use, just not sure which is better or if there is another solution. The ultimate goal is to integrate our pre-flighting with Enfocus Switch to really go automated. Thanks in advance!
loicaigon
Advanced member

Re: Suggestions on automating preflighting customer supplied art files

Post by loicaigon »

Hi Anthony,

Have you considered the PitStop Library Container? It's a great fit for Web to Print as you can have preflight in the Cloud. The idea is that you can preflight a file as soon as the customer is supplying it. You can then get a PDF or a JSON/XML report that you can parse and present to the customer the way you like.
https://www.enfocus.com/fr/sdk-pitstop- ... e-logiciel

See the schema above, the idea is that youc an call the PitStop Library through a REST API. The library itself is a Docker Container that you can host on your server or on any Cloud platform (Amazon…)
That way you can preflight files as soon as they are entering your company and let the customer know (if you want but not mandatory)

It's also very convenient because it's scalable and you are always sure to deliver a maximal level of performance and no extra delays. We have several customers using the PLC behind their web portals and I could give you some reference if needed. And with PLC, you can also queue requests for even more productivity.

See a video of a demo page I have built:
https://youtu.be/dxNVDUSkIOQ?si=cXlcIS8TaATljGuk

If you want to learn more, we can also provide trial keys and guidance for you to test it.
Let me know if I can help more