Generating Bleed if Some OR None

DomH

Generating Bleed if Some OR None

Post by DomH »

I've been trying to create an Action List that works to generate bleed whether there some existing bleed or none. I have tried the default ones, but I can't seem to get them to function, so I tried making my own.

The Action List works when there is some bleed e.g. mirroring 3mm bleed to 20mm bleed, however the issue I ran into is that it only SOMETIMES works when there is no bleed. I've made another Action List that seems to work when there is no bleed, but Im not sure how to mash these two ideas together.

Im wondering if it's even possible or if these two ideas are simply at odds. Attached are my current Action Lists, maybe I've just set them up wrong, or maybe it's the files I've been using for testing?

Any help is appreciated.
Attachments
BleedActionList.zip
(12.74 KiB) Downloaded 984 times
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Re: Generating Bleed if Some OR None

Post by magnussandstrom »

I'm following this thread. I have not yet found a safe and good solution for automatically add bleed only if there is none or some. The last time I tried use Pitstop for checking bleed I got both false positives and false negatives.
DomH

Post by DomH »

Edit: In answering another user's question I think I have resolved this so that one script handles both cases of some bleed or no bleed. I'm not sure that it can be fully automated, because of the nature of how a file is supplied, but basically the Trim Box and Bleed Box both need to be set. If no bleed has been supplied then the Bleed Box will need to be set to the same size as the Trim Box.
joe@lehighprint.us

Post by joe@lehighprint.us »

Hello DomH and magnussandstrom,

Is there a reason you do not use the EXTEND BLEED command under Global Changes? - See the attached image.

Please let me know. Thanks!

joe