I want to use Switch Flow to delete folders and files

Unds1969

I want to use Switch Flow to delete folders and files

Post by Unds1969 »

I want to use Switch Flow to delete folders and files older than 1 week on an FTP server.
For this purpose I would create the flow element FTP receipt and a connection. I cannot set anything on the flow element FTP reception. Therefore I would set it via the settings within the connection from FTP reception to the following folder. There I have the possibility to restrict which files are dragged. Correct? But what do I have to select and set there? Thanks for your great help!
rhd_ole

Re: I want to use Switch Flow to delete folders and files

Post by rhd_ole »

I tried to do this as well , but could only do it if I mounted the actual drive on the Switch sever from our FTP, then used a hold job, ultimately we moved to just a script that runs on the actual FTP sever that deletes files older than x number of days from the modified date. It was the easiest solutions for us. Perhaps other would have different ideas that can use swtich.
Color Science & Workflow Automation
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Re: I want to use Switch Flow to delete folders and files

Post by magnussandstrom »

If you can connect to the server with UNC path you can use the app File pool cleanup (Folder apps) to delete specific folder or files based on different criterias. We use it a lot to clean temp files. But if you must connect by FTP protocol I cannot think of a way to do it with Switch.