imposition

DiegoAsterBR

imposition

Post by DiegoAsterBR »

I already managed to solve another problem that I had posted previously, but does anyone know why I am giving this spacing error? I'm doing the imposition in the Pitstop itself, everything is fine including assembly and bleeding, but when I add the cut marks I get this spacing problem, I don't know if the pitstop is for doing this type of imposition or do I have to purchase software imposition, but it's not possible that you can't do this at the pitstop, or am I wrong?
Attachments
impotion_2.png
impotion_2.png (253.24 KiB) Viewed 495 times
impotion_1.png
impotion_1.png (187.5 KiB) Viewed 495 times
rhd_ole

Re: imposition

Post by rhd_ole »

Personally I struggled with doing Imposition with PitStop. Out of curiosity, what RIP software do you use , I'm assuming these are for digital runs?
Color Science & Workflow Automation
DiegoAsterBR

Post by DiegoAsterBR »

yes, it's for digital prints, but before purchasing any imposition software I was trying to use pitstop to make the montages but when I enable the crop marks this problem arises, and I haven't found any way to solve it.
rhd_ole

Post by rhd_ole »

DiegoAsterBR wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:47 pm yes, it's for digital prints, but before purchasing any imposition software I was trying to use pitstop to make the montages but when I enable the crop marks this problem arises, and I haven't found any way to solve it.
What RIP are you using on your digital machines? Reason I ask, both our Creo and current Fiery RIP have imposition software in that can automate it. Our Fiery we use Fiery's JobFlow where you can set imposition templates for standard product. All we do is push them to the correct hotfolder for that imposition it does it's thing and it shows up on the RIP imposed.

Otherwise we use a combination of Heidelberg's Prinect/Cockpit for offset some digital otherwise we use Esko's Phoenix for all our Wide Format.

I'm sure there are some that have had success with PS, but not seeing too many posts about it leads me to think it's rather difficult. I'm good with PS but this never worked out for me.

-O
Color Science & Workflow Automation
JimmyHartington
Advanced member

Post by JimmyHartington »

I have had success with imposing in Pitstop. Using Pitstop Variables and Switch.

In my case I get a pdf and a JSON-file. In the JSON-file is defined finished size of artwork, space between each element horizontally and vertically, how many elements to place horizontally. Vertically I place as many there can be based on the sheet.
With all this information I first impose horizontally. Place marks I need for this. Afterwards this is imposed vertically.
Lastly I place the marks used for the entire sheet.
This is label-printing on roll, so I do not need cropmarks between, but with planing and math I think this should be possible.

When processing the files I mask the file to trimbox + the space between.
From here I copy all and add a new page to impose on.
I use 3 action lists all in all. One of them looks like this:

And the result looks like this:
DiegoAsterBR

Post by DiegoAsterBR »

Good morning, yes, I understood well, I haven't bought any imposition software yet, I'm doing tests with business cards and flyers to see if it's possible to impose on these pieces, I did it and everything's fine, but I don't know what's going on. What happens with the pitstop is that it is giving this spacing between them, the question is whether it is possible to make the imposition with the cutoff mark using just the pitstop, I will acquire an enfocus plugin focused on imposition, but until then I am testing just what Pitstop offers, but thank you very much for your help.
JimmyHartington
Advanced member

Post by JimmyHartington »

It should be possible with just Pitstop Pro and variables.

But it takes some setting up.

I think for your case Quite Imposing Plus (https://www.quite.com/imposing/) will be a good option, if you do not have the need to automate right now.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

You can also use pdfToolbox which have a very good imposition engine.

If you use the PitStop server crossgrade you pay about the same as for Quite Imposing but you get ten times more of functionality.
You can then also use my Imposition App that is intended for the kind of work you want to do.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps