Sender Name with Mail Send with OAuth2.0

KingSwitcher

Sender Name with Mail Send with OAuth2.0

Post by KingSwitcher »

The custom sender name doesn't seem to be functioning in the Mail Send with OAuth2.0 app.
Everytime a message is received (in google mail) the sender name shows the email address instead. (see attached settings)

Code: Select all

Server: Gmail
	Authentication type: OAuth 2.0
		OAuth 2.0 authorization token: Authorized
Sender name: Switch Notification
Sender address: Single-line text with variables defined [Job.UserEmail]
Reply address:
Message format: Plain text
ericgroves

Re: Sender Name with Mail Send with OAuth2.0

Post by ericgroves »

Hello merge fruit, I think you should check the email recipient's settings. Sometimes, the way email clients display sender information can vary. Make sure that the email client you're using to receive the messages is not overriding the sender name or displaying it differently. Check the email client's settings or preferences to see if there are any options related to displaying sender names.
Last edited by ericgroves on Mon May 27, 2024 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
KingSwitcher

Post by KingSwitcher »

ericgroves wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:13 am Hello, I think you should check the email recipient's settings. Sometimes, the way email clients display sender information can vary. Make sure that the email client you're using to receive the messages is not overriding the sender name or displaying it differently. Check the email client's settings or preferences to see if there are any options related to displaying sender names.
I'm using Google mail in a web browser. Mail Send works as expected. Mail Send with Oauth does not.
I'd like to hear if anyone uses Mail Send with Oauth with a custom sender name successfully.
sander
Advanced member

Post by sander »

We use Microsoft 365 Business and I can't modify my own name. It always displays the configured name, so I tested the app with a custom sender name and as expected: that didn't work haha.

Maybe such a restriction is also in place with Google mail?
KingSwitcher

Post by KingSwitcher »

sander wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 9:11 am We use Microsoft 365 Business and I can't modify my own name. It always displays the configured name, so I tested the app with a custom sender name and as expected: that didn't work haha.

Maybe such a restriction is also in place with Google mail?
... but the regular Send Mail app works fine... try it out. I'd like someone else to confirm what I'm experiencing.