Suggestions on automating preflighting customer supplied art files

Faids1982

Suggestions on automating preflighting customer supplied art files

Post by Faids1982 »

Hi all, my company currently has an Web2Print solution that allows customers to upload finished art directly to the website and create an order. We currently manage all pre-flight checking manually in our Art Department. We do the normal checks for CMYK, bleed, inside margin, outline text and make sure the art is 300dpi. We have both Callas PDF Toolbox and Pitstop Pro that we could use, just not sure which is better or if there is another solution. The ultimate goal is to integrate our pre-flighting with Enfocus Switch to really go automated. Thanks in advance!
loicaigon
Advanced member

Re: Suggestions on automating preflighting customer supplied art files

Post by loicaigon »

Hi,

Looks to me that you should have a look at the PitStop Library Container that brings preflight to the Cloud.

The PLC (in short) is a Docker Container that you can host on the Cloud to run preflight and Action Lists as soon as the customers upload a file.

Have a look at our latest webinar on that topic:
https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/record ... 4949467906

Loic
waderatke

Re: Suggestions on automating preflighting customer supplied art files

Post by waderatke »

loicaigon wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:00 pm Hi,

Looks to me that you should have a look at the PitStop Library Container that brings preflight to the Cloud.

The PLC (in short) is a Docker Container that you can host on the Cloud to run preflight and Action Lists as soon as the customers upload a file.

Have a look at our latest webinar on that topic:
https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/record ... 4949467906

Loic
This is occurring to me as well. I am at a loss as to how to improve it. It was through your site that I found it.