Sort incoming pdf folders to new folder with order no?

lovestjarna

Post by lovestjarna »

I have an folder with incoming pdf and folders containing 1-10 pdf files. I want to sort them by reading what order.no the file belong to...

Example: "P00210.banner.pdf" would create a folder named "P00210" containing this pdf.

Also if there are more files with "P00210" they should be put in the same folder.

Next step is to have an checkpoint where I want to sort them to five different machines. I want it to put the file/files to a specific folder to each machine.

Also... if I add a "code" in the beginning of the file it would skip the checkpoint and add the files directly to the chosen machine.

Example: "CFB_P00210.banner.pdf" would read the "CFB" and know what folder to add all files to.

Is this possible to do with the built-in features and not using so much own scripting?
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

I would say it is perfectly possible to do that without scripting. You can use regular expressions on connections; I am sure that would be a good way of filtering out the files that start with a "code". Creating a folder with a part of a file name is also easy to do with "Set hierarchy path" followed by "Archive hierarchy", and there too the use of a regular expression could be the solution.

Freddy