Email when no activity for last 5 minutes?

lovestjarna

Post by lovestjarna »

I today download job folders from an FTP. The jobs are coming in after 17.00 and could be from 20-400 folders depending on day. But I really can't know when the upload is done (coming from another partners ordersystem).

Is it possible to add something to check if anything "new" has come in and if nothing in the last 5 minutes have been changed - then it emails and says thats all for today (and if possible to say how many job folders there is).

So the check could be on the external FTP or to check on the incoming folder that is on our local servers - it doesn't matter. So the "checking" should start from 17.00-23.00.

I saw that there is something on the assemble job that looks like this - but could that then put all job folders in the same hierarchy as on the FTP or will it be a huge job folder?
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

I think the easiest solution is indeed to put all the incoming folders in a separate hierarchy. Then you have a script, in the same flow or in a separate one, that is timer fired every 5 minutes. It builds the file list of that hierarchy, compares it with the previous run and when nothing has changed in 5 minutes it sends a mail and deletes the whole hierarchy.

You would be duplicating your data but only for a couple of hours.

Freddy