Handling job states

ArielRauch
Advanced member

Handling job states

Post by ArielRauch »

Hi,

I would like to get some conceptual input on how to handle the different job states and how a switchclient user can make use of it.

I thought to use the jobstate filed and to populate it always with the relevant state of the flow.

I was not able to see this state at the switchclient - not mentioning sorting according to and so on.

How do I inform a user who gets a job on a checkpoint what she has to do (erro/ action)?

I assume you all did this already and I would be very happy to get some conceptual advice,

Thanks

Ariel
gabrielp
Advanced member

Handling job states

Post by gabrielp »

The JobState should show up on the Switch client. For example, if you're in table view, you can add the "State" column to see it.

When in "Large Card View" you can view defined metadata fields (part of the check point setting).

Does that help answer your question?
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

Handling job states

Post by dkelly »

ArielRauch wrote: I thought to use the jobstate filed and to populate it always with the relevant state of the flow.

I was not able to see this state at the switchclient - not mentioning sorting according to and so on.

You'd think so but JobState is just another variable. Switch doesn't use it for anything. Your flow and scripts can set/get it with any values.
ArielRauch
Advanced member

Handling job states

Post by ArielRauch »

Definitely helps me, thank you Dwight!