Callas PDFtoolbox action - overlay?

wolle

Post by wolle »

I need to put incoming PDF's on a sheet with very specific marks on it, and I thought I could do it with Overlay.

But Overlay takes a PDF and places on top of the incoming PDF - I need it to be the other way around!

Anyone know how I can do this? Maybe by using the CLI Parameters?

Thanks
mattbeals

Post by mattbeals »

You need to lay an incoming job onto a static PDF? Would it not work to lay the static marks onto the incoming job? With pdfToolbox 5 Server, don't remember with 4 Server, you can specify to put the overlay underneath the existing job.

I suppose you could try an execute command:

--overlay --voffset=0mm --hoffset=0mm "C:Program Filescallas pdfToolbox Server 5clivarActionsOverlayDICT_OverlayConfidential.pdf" "%1" "%2"

I don't have the command line available here but this should get you in the right direction.
I'm just a dude. Anything I say has nothing to do with any other person or company.
wolle

Post by wolle »

No, I cant put the marks on the incoming job. A better explanation of what I'm trying to do, is that I need to put different size covers centered on a sheet of a fixed size (larger than the biggest cover). This will ease the lamination process.

If I use the CLI-option in PowerSwitch, I override the other parameters for the element?

Your example of an execute command won't work in the CLI parameter will it? As I read the pop-up help I need to put ";" between the parameters in the CLI statement, right?
mattbeals

Post by mattbeals »

This should work:

--overlay --voffset=0mm --hoffset=0mm "C:Program Filescallas pdfToolbox Server 5clivarActionsOverlayDICT_OverlayWatermark.pdf" "%1"

Here, at least if my thinking is correct after a night in Las Vegas, I am laying "%1" (the incoming job) onto the watermark.pdf. If not then swap the overlay.pdf and "%1".

Here I am simply using the execute command function and not the callas configurator. The callas configurator has an option to put the art below or above the job art.
I'm just a dude. Anything I say has nothing to do with any other person or company.