How to split the pdf page into business cards

tisss

Post by tisss »

Hi ,

The customer send me a business cards in PDF format, and it is 2x7 up, which the left side is the front cover and the right side is the back cover of the business card.

I need to split them and and get them in the following format

Page1 : front cover of the customer 1

page2 : back cover of the customer 1

page3 : front cover of the customer 2

page4 : back cover of the customer 2

How can I get this by enfocus pitstop and enfocus switch? If both of them could not do this, which tool can i use to integrate with enfocus switch?

compendio

Post by compendio »

Have a look to callas, the server edition has its own configurators in Switch. Search the Impose topic on their site.
andrea mahoney

Post by andrea mahoney »

To automate this you can create a Switch variable dataset in Pitstop Server with the coordinates of each card in the layout.

Make 14 copies of your PDF using Switch and rename them so you can pickup the coordinates in Pitstop using the variable data set. (Card 1 Front, Card 1 back)

Set the trim/bleed box for each card based on the name you gave it using the Switch variables in the Pitstop Server dataset to crop each card.
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

What you are doing is in fact de-impose the file.

You can do that in PitStop with a Global Action called "Split pages in half". Open the PDF in Acrobat and try that Global Action on the file in question. You will have to run it multiple times to separate all the individual cards. When you get the sequence right, export the different Global Actions as individual Action Lists and add them to PitStop Server in Switch in the correct order.

The input will be a PDF file with 1 page and the result a PDF file with 14 pages.

Freddy
tisss

Re: How to split the pdf page into business cards

Post by tisss »

Thanks for all you who help me.
WILLS1859

Post by WILLS1859 »

Hi all new to this so please be patient i have just subscribed to Enfocus an i need to add as a bolt on "monotype baseline (which i understand is to fix any missing font issues) i am led to believe this is free when you subscribe to enfocus any one know how to install this as a add on?
PratikShah

Post by PratikShah »

Do you have your own business for printing business card ?