XML file pickup when PDF preflight successful

abonsey

Post by abonsey »

I have an xml input that refers to an asset. When the PDF preflights OK it is archived to a given location.

What I am trying to do is pickup the original xml ONLY when the preflight is passed and then archive it to a separate location.

I cannot understand how to refer/connect back to that xml when the PDF is archived? What is the correct way to do it?

Any advice please
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

From some of what you write I have the impression you want to archive the PDF. From other things I get the impression you want to archive the XML. Or is it both?

What I would do is to always pick up the XML. This XML is then a dataset attached to the PDF job. When the PDF is preflighted it comes out of the configurator along the OK/Warning or the Error connection and that dataset is still attached.

When the preflight result is OK you send the PDF to some location to be archived, but before that you do "Export metadata". This "externalizes" the XML dataset as a job and you can put it where it you want (next to the PDF, somewhere else).

When the PDF errors you put it where is has to go in that case (trash?) and when you do not export the metadata, then that is lost too at the moment the PDF stops being a Switch job.

Freddy
abonsey

Post by abonsey »

Thanks for your explanation. All working fine now :)