Switch 13 losing metadata between flows?

pcobee

Switch 13 losing metadata between flows?

Post by pcobee »

Just upgraded to Switch 13. In testing my flows, it appears that Switch 13 is dropping any metadata that was created in a previous flow. I break my flows into smaller flows and with Switch 12 and earlier, as long as the last folder had the setting "Strip unique name" set to "No", the next flow in sequence had full access to the job's metadata. I'm thinking that this must be a bug as it would be a horrible architectural change to the product.

Edit - I now see that what it is doing is adding a new job prefix once the job hits the final folder in the flow. Has to be a bug.
gabrielp
Advanced member

Re: Switch 13 losing metadata between flows?

Post by gabrielp »

I do this too and I'm on 13 and have had no issues. Maybe contact Enfocus support?
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
pcobee

Post by pcobee »

Have you tried this with a job "folder" as opposed to a single job file?
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

pcobee wrote:Have you tried this with a job "folder" as opposed to a single job file?
Yep. My proofing flow sends files and folders through as Switch jobs. We write a bunch of private data up front so if that private data wasn't there in the later flows, it would fail out.

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
pcobee

Post by pcobee »

Strange, I'm running the exact same flows on 2 other Switch Servers - version 12 - with no problem at all? Have you upgraded to 13.1?
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

pcobee wrote:Strange, I'm running the exact same flows on 2 other Switch Servers - version 12 - with no problem at all? Have you upgraded to 13.1?
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure we're running 13 Build 611060.

pcobee

Post by pcobee »

The one other variable is that my new server is running on Windows 2012 R2. The other 2 are on 2008 R2. If you are on Windows can you tell me what version?
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

pcobee wrote:The one other variable is that my new server is running on Windows 2012 R2. The other 2 are on 2008 R2. If you are on Windows can you tell me what version?
I'm on OSX, sorry buddy. In the mean time, why not just throw in a pack and unpack so you can keep your flows running?

pcobee

Post by pcobee »

I seem to have "reset" something in the flow by changing the "Strip unique name" setting from No to Yes and then running the flow - stopping the flow - and setting it back to No. It is now performing as expected. I'm thinking that Enfocus has a bug in their import flow that is not setting some property incorrectly. Will report to Support.
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

I've seem configurators get corrupted like this a lot but would have never thought a "Folder" configurator could be corrupt as well. Good to know and glad you fixed it.