Colour separation

Davis_XI

Colour separation

Post by Davis_XI »

I have a substantial amount of pdfs that have been created using 4 colour and a special text colour. Is there anyway of separating out the pdf into a file made up of the 4 colour and a separate pdf with just the special text colour?

Thanks
bens
Advanced member

Re: Colour separation

Post by bens »

Using PitStop you could create two Action List: one which selects all the text and removes it, and another which selects all the CMYK objects and removes them. If you run both of these on the input file, you should have what you want.

If you do this in PitStop Server and combine it with a Switch flow, you can duplicate the input file, send it to two PitStop Server configurators, and have each run one of the Action Lists.
Davis_XI

Post by Davis_XI »

Thanks

I've managed to work out how to select my 'text black' separation but can't work out how to select my cmyk and remove it?
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Post by Terkelsen »

If you are able to select your "Text black" you could delete everything else with an action like this:

Select all
Select Text Black
NOT
Remove selection
Davis_XI

Post by Davis_XI »

Thanks for that. Unfortunately when i remove the colour it does retain the trapping information. I've added an image for example. On the left hand side is the original 5 colour file cmyk + text black, the middle image shows a preview within acrobat with the process plates switched off, third image is after running the script.

I will also need to find out a way of adding the trim marks back in at the right offset. I've added trim marks but can't adjust them?

Thanks again for all the help - very much appreciated.

29 days left to work this out ;)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/87167464@ ... ed-public/
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Post by Terkelsen »

If I understand you correct, you want to remove everything except the black AND the white text?

In that case you will need something like this:

Select all
Select text segments
Select Fill Color (Text Black)
AND
Select Fill Color (Text White)
OR
NOT
Remove selection
Davis_XI

Post by Davis_XI »

Thanks

Is there no way to just remove the process plates in the pdf?