InDesign Config Can't See Images

rgpepper

InDesign Config Can't See Images

Post by rgpepper »

Trying to process some InDesign files, I'm submitting package folders to my flow, but InDesign refuses to see the images, always errors if I check "Fail with unavailable images". And the error lists the name of every image in the document. But it's bogus, all the images are in the (InDesign created) "Links" folder which is in the submitted job folder (that InDesign created on the source side). Source files are from a Mac, Switch is running on a Windows server but that shouldn't matter, verified v4 of the ID plugin for Switch, CC2015 on both machines = no joy.
gabrielp
Advanced member

Re: InDesign Config Can't See Images

Post by gabrielp »

That's very strange. And if you open the InDesign file on the Windows machine, it shows the images and doesn't prompt to re-link anything, right?
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
rgpepper

Post by rgpepper »

It shows them missing, but I can re-link to them (in the package folder on the Switch server) fine. So it's not a rights issue, it's like it doesn't know where it's supposed to look when told to re-link. Enfocus tried my flow (on a Mac) on their end and it works fine. Doesn't work for me, always says images are unavailable. Curious thing is, if I turn off the re-linking and the warning, the flow produces a PDF that preflights fine and appears to have the full resolution images in it.
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

Sounds like a bug to me. Maybe others who have some experience with the InDesign configurator could speak more about it. I would see if Enfocus support could reproduce the problem on their end if they run it on Windows.

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
rgpepper

Post by rgpepper »

They can't reproduce the error. I've tried one of their two suggested tests to isolate the cause, that didn't reveal anything new, working on the second one.
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

If you'd like to PM me some test files/flows, I'd be happy to try this on my OSX system to see if I can reproduce it on my side.

Zoranj

Post by Zoranj »

Did this get solved?
I am having similar issue, where I am getting a list of all links and fonts instead of only problem ones.
13.1 Switch, on Windows 2008 R2 server, configurators updates to the latest version, Adobe CC same.