CC 2017 Coming Soon!

Michael Reiher

CC 2017 Coming Soon!

Post by Michael Reiher »

Dear Switch users,
Soon (any day now), Adobe will be releasing updates to Illustrator and InDesign. Our testing on the release candidates show there are changes to their SDKs that will cause us to have to issue updates to the current Configurators for InDesign and InDesign Server — the Illustrator update appears to work with the current configurator just fine.

Our team is already working on the updates, but we'll have to test the final released builds before we can release our updated Configurators. It's the only way to ensure nothing else has changed. So there will be a few days delay from the release before the Configurators will be updated.

Please keep this in mind when the updates are released. Also, if you use any other 3rd party plug-ins for these products, you may want to check with those companies too to ensure you're okay to take the update.

I will update the post here once we have released our updates.

Thanks!
Michael
gabrielp
Advanced member

Re: CC 2017 Coming Soon!

Post by gabrielp »

Thanks for the heads up. It might be nice if you guys could email notify us of stuff like this. Something to think about!
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
Michael Reiher

Post by Michael Reiher »

Hi Gabe! Good idea!
Michael Reiher

Post by Michael Reiher »

An Update. First, the good news, there will be no update of the Illustrator Configurator needed to support Illustrator 2017. We're still testing, but everything is working so far. For InDesign 2017, there will be an update needed and we're already testing our fix. If you need the Configurator for InDesign, please email our support team at Support@enfocus.com and let them know. We will be sure to get it to you as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Michael
Michael Reiher

Post by Michael Reiher »

Just an update... we're very close with releasing the new Illustrator Configurator that support 2017. If you need it now, please email our support staff and we can get you a copy of the final version being certified by QA.

We're days away.

Michael
Michael Reiher

Post by Michael Reiher »

An update... all the Configurators for Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop, etc... have been updated. The Illustrator Configurator is the only one that actually had a code change to support CC2017... the others are the same as before with an update to the documentation to note support for CC2017.

Remember, when you take the update from Switch, you have to to ally quit Switch and restart for the new Configurator to become active and loaded.

Let our support team know if you run into any problems and enjoy!

Michael
lombert

Post by lombert »

Is there any info about the HP SmartStream plugins? Is they OK? I don't want to update Indesign and I get problem there instead. :)
Between jobs!
loicaigon
Advanced member

Post by loicaigon »

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the heads-up. I did notice that most of the configurators don't have implemented the greyish or colored icon depending on their accessibility status. Last week we updated Acrobat configurator at a client and although it became functional the icon remains greyed. It's confusing.

FWIW

Loic
Michael Reiher

Post by Michael Reiher »

I'll look into this.
Michael Reiher

Post by Michael Reiher »

I checked into this issue and it sounds like the new Configurators are not 100% installed. Remember, you need to completely shut down the Switch Server and restart Switch to get it to officially recognize the newly installed Configurators. If this is not the issue for you, then I would write our support staff and see if they can help you sort it out.

I hope this helps!
Michael