numberOfFilesCustom has invalid value

Chrissigge

numberOfFilesCustom has invalid value

Post by Chrissigge »

Hello it's me again, back with another problem..

I want to assemble all files from one job after imposition, because the imposition process sometimes takes longer and to make sure
all files will be assembled I want that the Job Assemble configurator knows the amount of files.

So what I did is before the Files get through imposition I assemble them an set an hierarchy path [Job.FileCount]
after imposition I want to assemble all the files and set the value for File amount to [Job.Hierarchy:Index="1"]
but know I get the error "numberOfFilesCustom has invalid value".

Does anybody know what kind of mistake I made here again?
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: numberOfFilesCustom has invalid value

Post by freddyp »

Clearly the value of [Job.Hierarchy:Index="1"] is not a number. You must have used "Set hierarchy path" to squeeze the [Job.FileCount] into the hierarchy, right? Did you not have something else in the hierarchy already and index 1 is not what you think it is? Anyway, whenever I want to park a single value for later use I put it in [Job.JobState]. That is a lot easier.

You assemble before the imposition, but what do you give to the imposition? The assembled folder or do you dismantle it before sending it to the imposition? In case you dismantle it, you should not! Use "Ungroup job" instead and in the assemble after the imposition you use the scheme "Ungrouped job" and you do not have to worry about the number of files, it is automatic.
Chrissigge

Re: numberOfFilesCustom has invalid value

Post by Chrissigge »

freddyp wrote:Clearly the value of [Job.Hierarchy:Index="1"] is not a number. You must have used "Set hierarchy path" to squeeze the [Job.FileCount] into the hierarchy, right? Did you not have something else in the hierarchy already and index 1 is not what you think it is? Anyway, whenever I want to park a single value for later use I put it in [Job.JobState]. That is a lot easier.

You assemble before the imposition, but what do you give to the imposition? The assembled folder or do you dismantle it before sending it to the imposition? In case you dismantle it, you should not! Use "Ungroup job" instead and in the assemble after the imposition you use the scheme "Ungrouped job" and you do not have to worry about the number of files, it is automatic.

[Job.Hierarchy:Index="1"] is not a number..that's inconvinient...

I give the assembled folder to the imposition, each folder contains several PDFs and the imposition software will turn each folder
into a PDF File. (one Folder = one PDF) Now I can assemble all folders but once I use ungroup I lose the folder structure.