simple placement of pdf A directly on pdf B

tobt_knows_best

simple placement of pdf A directly on pdf B

Post by tobt_knows_best »

So - hey guys - thats what I wanna do....

But I Just have the options to place about 1 or 2 sites of a pdf on an actually opened one....
I need to check the "black-colors" of the pdf and the right positioned pic´s - so this is necessary to do.

Another option actually would be the import of the PDF in InDesign and checking it via "multipage-importer-script" and some layer-modi....

Is it possible to to that with pitstop?
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: simple placement of pdf A directly on pdf B

Post by jan_suhr »

If I understand you question correct you can do it in Switch with the Execute Command and run PDFToolkit (pdftk) Stamp function. It can combine two PDF's on top of each other. It will position the placed PDF from the lower left corner.

https://www.pdflabs.com/tools/pdftk-server/
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Re: simple placement of pdf A directly on pdf B

Post by Terkelsen »

I'm not quite sure if this is what you are asking for, but if you "just" want to place a PDF with black (text) on top of a 4-color PDF, I have done that with a 164 page catalog in 15 languages using Switch and Pitstop Server.

• First make sure that you have single page PDF's ( you can use Switch to split the PDF)
• Assemble the black and the 4-color of each page (You could probably use a variable based on the filename to assemble)
• Merge the assembled pages into one PDF so that you end up with two-page PDF with the black page as page 1 and the 4-color page as page 2.
• Now make a Pitstop action that selects and copies page 1 and paste the selection on page 2 (You might want to make the action delete page 1 after that)
• If you need to, you can of course merge all the single PDFs into one at the end of this flow.

Voila. You have a combined PDF with the black separation placed nicely on top of the 4-color :)