Email Relay

Michael Reiher

Email Relay

Post by Michael Reiher »

Dear Connect customers,
I wanted to share a service I discovered that appears to be very good for Email relaying. This is what you need to send emails (like notification emails) from a Connector. Typically, we've recommended Gmail, or Yahoo, but sometimes this can be an issue due to their on-going changes to battle people using their servers to relay spam emails.

The service I found is Easy SMTP. http://www.easy-smtp.com

You can get 10,000 email relayed per-month for free. So for most of you, that's a great price! :D

Check it out... there are others services and I'm not sure if Easy SMTP works outside of North America.

P.S. This also works well for Switch born emails. :-)

Enjoy!
Michael
maanshic

Re: Email Relay

Post by maanshic »

I've had a look around in the old threads but haven't seen anything posted recently to do with this.
We'd like to have Switch send out emails on behalf of our customer services staff, but I can't find any way of setting this dynamically.
The reply address property on Mail send does help to an existent, but it still shows the default reply address rather than the new one I've supplied.
Pressing the reply button does then send the email to the correct address, but it's unclear from the recipients perspective.
Is there any way of getting around this issue?
If you have the issue about AOL Account contact with AOL Email Support. read this blog: how to delete AOL account
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: Email Relay

Post by Padawan »

There are two kinds of email addresses relevant here:

The from email address. This is the one you setup in the general "Mail Send" preferences in Switch. It is the same for all the emails you send out in Switch using the default tools. It can't be dynamically changed.

The reply to email address. This is the address which will be automatically filled in when the mail recipient clicks the reply button. This email address can be dynamically changed.

Using default Switch tools you can't dynamically change the from address. You can try to use external command line tools or scripts to try to send the mail instead. Please note that if you want to dynamically change the from address, you will have to dynamically change the account as which you send the mail. Therefore the script will need to know the login and password of all the email addresses you want to send mails from, otherwise it can't work.