First page empty after "reorder pages"

billy.olvestad

First page empty after "reorder pages"

Post by billy.olvestad »

I have a strange issue after reordering pages.

I have documents that are 3-up 2 pages that I want to split up into individual pages, so i have created an actionlist that creates new pages, copies and pastes the content and then changes the page boxes so that I get a six page document in the end.

So far so good, everything looks perfect as a result. The only problem is that I then need to rearrange the pages.

To do this I added "reorder pages" to the action list. After this, the first page becomes empty. All the other pages are correct, in the new order.

I tried doing this step in a different action list, to make sure nothing in the working action list collides somehow, but I get the same result.
After the first action list is run, all pages are correct, but in the wrong order, and after I run the second action list that reorders pages, the first page is suddenly empty.

Does anyone have a clue what might be happening?
I'm out of ideas.
billy.olvestad

Re: First page empty after "reorder pages"

Post by billy.olvestad »

For everyones info.

I have changed the action list so that the creation of the empty pages and the copying/pasting is done to the correct places from the beginning, and eliminated the reordering of the pages, so I have a workaround now.

I would still like to know why this happened though, so it doesn't happen in the future if anyone has a suggestion what might be wrong.
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Post by Terkelsen »

Maybe you should use a "Normalize page boxes" after you changed the size of the page boxes?
r.zegwaard

Post by r.zegwaard »

In an actionlist you can only paste objects to a page behind the page it was copied form.
So you can copy from page 1 to 2 or 3
But not from page 2 or 3 to page 1
billy.olvestad

Post by billy.olvestad »

Terkelsen wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:03 pm Maybe you should use a "Normalize page boxes" after you changed the size of the page boxes?
I have tried that now, and it didn't make any difference sadly.
billy.olvestad

Post by billy.olvestad »

r.zegwaard wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:19 am In an actionlist you can only paste objects to a page behind the page it was copied form.
So you can copy from page 1 to 2 or 3
But not from page 2 or 3 to page 1
It's not the copying and pasting thats causing problems. At the end of copying and pasting, the pages look completely correct, except the pages are in the wrong order.

The problem is when I then reorder the pages. For some reason the contents of page 1 then suddenly dissappears. Very weird.
abailescollins
Advanced member

Post by abailescollins »

Can you send to Enfocus support please.
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com
billy.olvestad

Post by billy.olvestad »

abailescollins wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:56 am Can you send to Enfocus support please.
Yes, I will do that.
billy.olvestad

Post by billy.olvestad »

I just thought I would report back, if someone else comes across this problem.

I have been in contact with enfocus support now, and have the answer to what happened.

I was running these actionlists in pitstop server, through switch, with one pitstop configurator, and apparently some steps in actionlists don't work unless you save the PDF in between, so I had to separate the steps out in two flow elements in switch. After that it worked flawlessly.