Using "Include File Info" = Illegal XML

rgpepper

Using "Include File Info" = Illegal XML

Post by rgpepper »

What I need to accomplish is really very simple, I just want to output a CSV file from the metadata submitted in a connector. And one of the pieces of data I need is the file name being submitted. I finally noticed the "Include File Info" option in ConnectALL 2018. And a basic XSLT transform in Switch would give me the desired .csv. Or I could just choose .csv as the delivery format in ConnectALL but I still have the same issue; there's a space in the field names generated for that option. "Document name" and "Document size". Those are illegal as XML element names, and they're illegal in the CSV format I ultimately need to feed Prinergy.

I would like to see either:
(Enfocus) just remove the space in the field names ConnectALL generates as part of that function.
OR
The ability to specify the field names used, as a global setting, which would be fine.
rgpepper

Re: Using "Include File Info" = Illegal XML

Post by rgpepper »

With XML chosen as the Delivery Format in my Connector, and the "Include File Info" option checked:
I had been using <xsl:value-of select="//*[tag='JobName']/value"/> in my .xsl file, and that works fine but only with *legal* XML element names (meaning it didn't work with the 2 fields provided by the "Include File Info" option).

Someone suggested the method below instead, and this works with the file info fields as they are:

<xsl:value-of select="field-list/field[./tag = 'Document name']/value"/>