ReBranding preflight report

Teamimage

Post by Teamimage »

Hi I was a little curious how you would use InDesign to rebrand the preflight report from pitstopserver. I've heard it was possible just not sure how to do it.

Thanks
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

Post by dkelly »

There are at least 2 possible ways to customize the Pitstop preflight report.

For PDF report, locate the file "ServerReportDefault.pdf" and customize the first page with your company's logo.

For XML report, simply import XML into Indesign using XSLT or Javascript.
Teamimage

Post by Teamimage »

Thanks very much for the great response ! I've looked around for this file but but still have not been able to locate it. Would you have any idea where I could find it?

Thanks very much
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

Post by dkelly »

Clive Andrews

Post by Clive Andrews »

dkelly wrote: Enfocus doc on subject http://www.enfocus.com/en/support/knowl ... rch&Page=3

Thanks Dwight - interesting reading. I had a go yesterday, the PDF template actually appears to have several layers (editing in Speedflow Edit)

Creating just a single image template gave me a whole string of crashes - and I ended up reverting to the original - so can you confirm the best way is to work a layer at a time, maintaining them all, even if they have the same content...?
primarycolorinc

Re: ReBranding preflight report

Post by primarycolorinc »

Is the "ServerReportDefault.pdf" file deep inside the folder structure? I have my machine looking for it. So If I understand this correctly, basically create a PDF and replace it with naming convention will create a branded report for our customers?

Is this correct?