Send xml-file from one flow to a different flow

LasseThid
Advanced member

Send xml-file from one flow to a different flow

Post by LasseThid »

Is it possible to transfer an xml-file from one flow to another?
I have a flow that handles incoming xml- and pdf-files that are sent to a specific e-mail address, but instead of having to add a new e-mail address for every customer we add it would be nice if it would be possible to read the information in the xml-file and then send the xml-file and possibly a pdf-file to the correct flow.
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
gabrielp
Advanced member

Re: Send xml-file from one flow to a different flow

Post by gabrielp »

Yes, you can pass Switch jobs between flows using non-automanaged folders. Just make sure you do not have the "strip unique name" option set to "Yes", otherwise Switch will assume it's a new job when it's picked up from the other flow (losing all of your metadata).

Instead of having a different email configurator for each customer, consider putting he email in the XML and then dropping it as a variable in a single email configurator. We use a database call to get customer/user email addresses from our MIS within Switch which allows us to have only one email configurator.
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.